Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ghostbuster Update

Another update on the Ghostbuster costume progress. To anyone who doesn't know much about Ghostbusters costumes or props, this won't mean much to you. For anyone who is familiar with it, you'll recognize this as the circuit board in one of the belt do-dads. I finished my husband's circuit board today. Nothing on it started out as anything having to do with circuitry at all, the closest thing is the phone wire I used. This is a collection of found materials I had around the house, nothing was specially purchased. Some of the things include: styrene (left over from R2-D2), Sculpey (I always try to have it around), clear tubes (left over from X-wing flak vests), phone wire (some scraps my husband had), electrical tape, clear plastic (from a hinge container), labels I made myself, aluminum foil, paint, and a lot of imagination!

This will go into a tape measure holder and hang from the belt. I still need to pick up a coiled black cord and attach it to a smaller circuit board before it will be 100% complete.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Ghostbusters Update!

Halloween is getting closer and closer (18 days away!!) so I thought I'd give a follow-up to my previous post on the Ghostbuster costume for my husband.

I have started to sew the "no ghost" patch onto the sleeve by hand (I still need to stitch down the ghost's hands and head). I have the STANTZ name patch pinned in place, ready for me to sew it on as well. I need to sew two belts together to get a belt large enough to fit my husband comfortably (they were small sized, but cheap priced!).

Here are the costume stats so far:

Uniform: Tru-Spec
No Ghost patch: eBay seller CapAmerica
Elbow Pads: Made by myself
Name Patch: Made by my sister, Becky (she did an awesome job, she just used a zig zag stitch on a regular sewing machine!!)

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Finished Biker Scout

Here is my first finished Biker Scout cummerbund.

The pouches are made from double layered natural color cotton canvas/duck cloth (to make the pouches stand out, the wearer can put cardboard inside). The Cummerbund and "diaper" are made from double layered white color cotton canvas/duck cloth, with padding between the layers and Velcro to secure the back. The black elastic "thong" secures with Velcro as well. The vest has padded/quilted sleeves and closes in the back, secured with Velcro. I zig zagged the bottom edge of the vest rather than hemming it to reduce bulk.

Cummerbund and pouches flat on the table.

Vest alone.

Front view.

Back view.

Not quite finished Biker Scout

I have for sale a biker scout cummerbund and vest. I will finish it before shipping, to whomever buys it from me.