Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Clone Wars Anakin

My latest commission project that I was able to complete is a Clone Wars [animated] Anakin costume. This one didn't take me long at all, which was perfect because I wanted to finish well before Christmas and I was able to do just that.

The costume has an under tunic in maroon and a surcoat in medium/dark grey. The Maroon is a cotton/poly blend and the grey is a flannel, both of which my client picked out and purchased himself. I think the flannel looks perfect for the surcoat, the sheen of it matches with the computer generated "fabric" really well.

This is what the costume is based off of:

Image property of Lucasfilm Ltd.


Here are some finished pictures of the costume:
*Note: The pictures were taken in front of a window with a lot of snow as a backdrop. As a result, the fabric color got a bit "washed out"


Front view


Front [3/4] view


Side view
(My client requested that I add fuzzy Velcro to the sleeves for the shoulder bells [part of the armor of the costume] to attach to later.)


Back view


Front view with belt
(I put my own Jedi belt on the dress form to help give the costume some shape. This costume definitely needs the belt to make it look just right)


Back view with belt