Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Battlestar Galactica Uniform Fabric Study

A friend of mine graciously let me borrow an original screen-used Battlestar Galactica uniform tunic from his personal collection. Here, I am comparing fabric I purchased to re-create the Battlestar Galactica uniforms with the original fabric.

*Please note: the collar and trim are NOT original to the uniform. The original collar and trim were removed for use in the TV show "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century". I've miss-placed the information regarding whom did the restoration, but I will post that when I have it.


On to the pictures:


Lining fabric with flash


Lining fabric without flash.


My tunic fabric with original tunic. Flash on.



My fabric, original tunic, no flash.



Tunic fabric (mine on left, original on right) closeup with flash.



Tunic fabric with flash (Mine/Original).


Tunic fabric without flash (Mine/Original).


Jacket fabric closeup, with flash (Mine/Original).



Jacket fabric, no flash (Original on top/Mine on bottom).



Jacket fabric with flash (Original top/Mine bottom).



My tunic and jacket fabric, with flash.


Original tunic and jacket fabric, no flash.



Original tunic and jacket fabric, with flash.



My tunic & jacket fabric next to the original tunic and jacket fabric with flash.



My tunic and jacket fabric next to original tunic and jacket fabric, no flash.