Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Padme Mustafar Update

I decided to go ahead and start working on my Mustafar outfit even though I am not 100% finished with my aqua georgette gown yet. The work I need to do on the aqua georgette is evening, sitting on the couch, after the kids are in bed work and the things I can do on the Mustafar outfit can be done while the kids are up.

So, last week I began laying out the pattern for the top and creating a mock-up to test for fit. After a bit of altering, I finally had the pattern ready. I have the top 100% complete now with the exception of sewing snaps onto the neckline and collar to attach the collar. The movie-used costume has an invisible zipper up the back and a removable collar held in place with magnets (of all things!). I didn't want to spend the money on magnets, so I'll be using large snaps.

Here are some progress pictures:

Front, no collar.

Back, no collar.

Front, with collar.

3/4 front with collar.

Close up of front.

Front seam detail.

Back seam detail.

Closeup of front with collar.

To see my previous posting on this costume, click Here.