Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Padme Aqua Georgette Gown Update

Here's another update on my Padme Aqua Georgette Gown. I haven't done any more embroidery on the gown itself, though I did attach hooks & eyes to the back of the gown and the drape so that the back drape could be worn on the gown (regardless of the fact I haven't embroidered anything on the drape yet). I have been focusing most of my attention on the sleeves (gauntlets). I also have the headband finished!

Below are several progress pictures.

After the embroidery was finished on the sleeves, I started adding the shells and beads.

Closeup of the embroidery on the sleeves.

Adding the shells and beads to the top of the sleeves. (Flash off)

Adding shells and beads to the tops of the sleeves. (Flash on)

Sleeve detail showing the "V" shaped inset. I included an opening, since I believe the original may have had some sort of opening here to allow for easier dressing.

Sleeve detail showing "V" inset.

Headband after painting.

Headband after painting.

Headband complete.

Headband complete.

Gown front, with drape attached.

Gown side, with drape attached.

Gown side, drape attached.

To see my previous update click Here